Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Newest Addiction


Some people have cigarettes, some have beer, others may have buying purses... or them all. 

I have working out. 

Starting last November something clicked in me, a real life changing moment. I decided I wanted to be healthy. I quite frankly have been unhealthy for too long. College really was bad for me. Yes, I had fun (WAY too much fun) but I completely forgot about what I was doing to myself. Enough with the sappy story, I just want to let you know about my crazy working out life.

At first it was something I was doing to be healthy and feel great, now I am pretty seriously addicted for those reasons.

I work out pretty much every day. I try to get in at least an hour of some type of activity. I usually do about an hour and a half. I walk to and from work and/or the gym which is a little over a mile each way. Before I would just work out at the gym at our apartment building, but I just got a membership at 24 hour fitness and love it! 

Here is this weeks work outs, for example:

Monday: Elliptical for 45 minutes, 15 minute Ab Class and 60 minute kickboxing
Tuesday: 60 minute kickboxing
Wednesday: 45 minute elliptical
Thursday: 60 minute weight lifting/step aerobics class 
Friday: Day off, walking only
Saturday: 60 minutes Pilates, golfing for 9 holes
Sunday: 4 mile walk for Beat the Bridge

I know, I am pretty crazy. They don't really include all the miles I walk either. I have almost completely quit all of my other vices (just in case you were wondering) and have taken up this addiction full time. 

Let me know if you want to come work out with me! I am always in need for another buddy!

No comments: